Lost files after failure to renew allocation - questions

@sculptex

1. Can you always restore your files and your wallet on a different device when you lost your device (where the original wallet was installed on)?

2. Data can get lost in case of failure to renew allocations, can you explain in more detail please:

a) What happens to my uploaded files when I forget to renew allocation in-time? What is the network doing with these files?

b) Are the files lost forever immediately when the expiry date kicks in? No extension period or anything similar?

c) Any way to recover the files even when you missed the timely allocation renewal?

Please here again introduce some automatic mechnism to take off work from the user. To prevent such cases where users forget timely allocation.

Suggestions:

For example let users stake/pay in advance for their desired period of time,

or, make your protocol take away a sufficient amount of ZCN tokens automatically from user’s wallet (when there is sufficient amount available) , from those users who forget to manually renew

You are asking this question in 0box Android section. Although on a protocol level, allocations do not auto renew, 0Box uses a fiat gateway and the use of zcn under the hood is done automatically for you, no interaction is required as long as your subscription remains active.

@sculptex HI, this question is not aimed at your enterprise platform, It’s aimed at your dropbox.like mobile app. Please reply completely to all questions, this is important to understand for everyone.

1. You said - as long as your subscription remains active - How could a user become inactive, what would have to happen?

2. Can you always restore your files and your wallet on a different device when you lost your device where the original wallet was installed on? How?

3. Can you restore your wallet and your files only on a mobile device or also on a desktop computer?

4. You said that Data can get lost in case of failure to renew allocations - can you explain this situation in more detail please:

a) What happens to the uploaded files when the user forgets to renew allocation/subscription in-time? What happens to the files on a technical level (are they being deleted, blocked, overwritten, flagged, )?

b) What is the technical workflow in the backend, what actions happen as soon as the renewal date kicks in and user forgets to activate/renew subscription?

c) Are the files immediately lost for the user as soon as the renewal date kicks in without renewing the subscription?

d) Any way to restore the files even when you missed the timely renewal or are files lost forever? How to restore files afterwards?

Thank you, please explain in detail, the entire community sees this forum. We need one clear thread with the answers. Consult with the responsible developers to clarify if needed

1. Looks like it will be a credit card subscription or similar. I understand the allocation is renewed well before expiry so I expect emails or alerts within the app if payments fail.
  2. You can restore wallet from seed phrase on various devices.
  3. That really applied to 0stor use. 0Box users need not be concerned with this

The updated 0Box app will be released soon. So community will have a chance to experience and test renewal process. If required, further refinements will take place then. It is pointless me commenting more at this stage.